Friday, September 9, 2016

Let your Goodness prevail over darkness - Rev. Samuel Muwonge

The Namirembe Diocesan Secretary for Mission, Rev. Samuel Muwonge has this afternoon called upon employees of Vision Group to let the little light in them be able to brighten the darkness.
Below is his sermon verbatim

Rev. Muwonge preaching at Vision Group
That little light in you should be able to brighten the darkness. Even when they check among the drunkards you are not among them, checking among the fornicators, your name isn’t surfacing. Among the bafere “conmen” you are not one of them, those who do not do their work, you are not among them. The problem we have are the Christians, who are so Christian by face value. Before the priest, you are very humble, before the bishop, you are one of the most humble people but when darkness comes, they are more dangerous than beasts. And God says let your Goodness prevail.

I have heard heads of laity who are drunkards. I was in Ssesse Islands and they gave me a head of laity and I almost collapsed. The Guy was stinking that I could not take it anymore. I had to extend a bit so that I am not caught in kawunyemu (breathalyzer). God is telling you beloved who are here that Let your Goodness prevail over darkness. Do not Give up on God because God will not give up on you. Do not give up on your purity, because God will not give up on you. Preserve your breasts for Yahweh, preserve your Body for Yahweh, preserve your lips for Yahweh so that people will come up and give testimonies that so and so has a testimony.

Some people are having darkness in their day today work because there’s darkness within you. Your Goodness must prevail over darkness. The children of Israel did not listen to the Lord and so the Lord abandoned them and they ended up being consumed by their enemies. If you don’t want to be sold to your enemies you should let your light consume the darkness.

I read in the [papers on of the young men who went to one of the corporate parties and found there men who are homosexuals and this young man went and the men started telling him, nkwagala, nkugudde, I love you. How can you be in place when such men are saying that nonsense and you remain there? Such men you give a slap and you give it in the name of Jesus.

How can a married man come to you young girls and tells you I love you, nkwagala, onkubye? You know he is married in a Church to one wife and he tells you that when I don’t see you I can’t sleep. To make matters worse some of those girls will just fall for those lies and end up getting pregnant. It is high time goodness prevailed over darkness and you told that married man that I know you are married, let me pray to God to allow me get my own husband. Do not just say that they are just the same let me settle for this man. Please tell him off and let goodness prevail over darkness.

 In Ssesse Islands the biggest challenge is that there’s a lot of defilement, darkness is prevailing over goodness in that area. I was telling the people that the few of you who know the Lord, should let the small light in you prevail over darkness. That’s the message I have for you brethren, that when the bosses are looking for someone to promote, you will be the ones to be promoted. When they are looking for a person with integrity, you will be the one. It is sad for a person to say that I was looking for somebody to promote and I failed to get anyone. That will be a challenge. Your goodness must prevail over darkness or else, young men and women will come and overtake you and you’ll start asking how do you do it “okikola otya?”

To the married women, your goodness must prevail in your homes and don’t let your housemaids overtake you. Start calling your husbands romantic names so that they do not look elsewhere for solace. When you are at home, you are a wife do not tell the maid “serve daddy tea” once she takes over, do not cry because you have handed over your responsibilities to her. This will lead you to cry forever and ever. Do not think that I am promoting men to do evil, but what I want you to know, is that Goodness must prevail over darkness. Why don’t you call your husbands baby, honey, sweet heart? Why do you call him taata w’abaana, omusajja wa muno, Taata Yokaana? (meaning the father of my children, the man of the house, or John’s father) Your men spend time struggling and return when they are exhausted, they need you to show them some love. Call him a name that will tantalize him. Goodness must prevail over darkness.

There’s that small goodness, and the Lord is on your side, you will never regret. You will start singing this song that we shall overcome.. The Lord is on your side and because he is on your seide, Goodness must prevail over darkness. The witchdoctor will come and you will be able to confront her and say I rebuke you in the name of Jesus. And goodness must prevail over darkness. You should never compromise and say eh! If the side dish of my husband is smoking the pipe, let me also do the same. Goodness must prevail over darkness. I met one lady and I was almost confused, men with women who are in business must pray very hard for your wives because you never know. When you are busy doing your work, she is also busy helping herself with other men. The woman came to me and said Reverend please pray for me. Then I asked what the problem was. I do not know what happens to me. I am a married woman who is engaged in solver fish (mukene) business. I don’t know which spirit enters me, whenever I come here to trade in Mukene, I end up engaging in prostitution. Just imagine, she left her man on the main land and now she is spending the whole week on the island. I inquired from her, how is your man’s performance? She responded by saying that he always returns when he is very tired, but that should not be a big problem. As a person who does counseling, I got to know the problem. For you men who are married, you should always do exercises so that you fulfill your marital obligations without any hindrance. Goodness must prevail over darkness so that when you go to the job you are perfect.

Psalm 118:Let those who fear the Lord say:    “His love endures forever.” When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord;   he brought me into a spacious place. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.    What can mere mortals do to me? The Lord is with me; he is my helper.    I look in triumph on my enemies. It is better to take refuge in the Lord    than to trust in humans. When Goodness prevails over darkness, the Bible says that the Lord helps you and protects you. When God is on your side, money is nothing, tear gas is nothing, people can be working hard to take over your job, when you are busy praying to God and all of a sudden they see you are getting a promotion. This is because God is on your side.

The people around you are always planning your downfall but if goodness prevails, God will see you through. Your enemies will just get a running stomach over your promotion. People are more saved in church but when they get out of the Church, they become the real them and darkness prevails over goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment